I’m extremely frustrated today. I don’t know why. Was about ready to get rid of the rats because Phoebe wouldn’t eat all her meds earlier. About ready to quit tumblr because I made a split second decision to hate everyone on here and all their stupid comments on posts. Do not want to see my housemates at all. I’m just so angry and hate filled and goddamn frustrated. Ergh.
My brother is such an asshole! He just played the meanest joke on me D: I was about in tears and thought my life was ruined AND THEN HE TELLS ME “Haha im joking” RARRRGHH!
AND WHY THE FUCK CAN’T ME AND THE RATS FET RID OF OUR STUPID FUCKING SNUFFLES!? I’ve already had two antihistamines today and my sinuses are all blocked so talking is really uncomfortable and then it makes eyes uncomfortable I guess from the pressure. Or actually that’s probably just from me now being super aware of how much they’re straining all the time. ERGH.
So I’ve been re-reading Robin Hobb recently and, well, her books are just awesome. Not only are they unique stories in an interesting world, and written really well, but they have some pretty cool stuff in them:
- A character whose gender is unknown and who expresses male and female gender (Assassin and Fool books);
- A character with Down’s syndrome (Fool books) who is portrayed as a complex human with valid emotions and experiences (ie. he is a real character);
- A huge swathe of women and girls, all different, all complex, all with their own character arcs;
- Feminist themes (Liveship and Rain Wild Chronicles);
- Gay characters who are actual complex people, one of whom is a main character (Rain Wild Chronicles);
- Discussion on consent and abusive relationships (Rain Wild Chronicles);
- Characters with physical disabilities (Rain Wild Chronicles).
I’ve read a lot of fantasy, and Hobb has to be one of my very favourites. Hobb’s books are very fantasy (magic, dragons) and they are incredibly original and beautiful to read.
Goddamn, I went and got the free eye check up at SpecSavers on Tuesday, and now that I am aware that my eyes are straining so much, it’s irritating me constantly. Just gotta deal with it and I can get glasses soon and things will be on the way to being perfect :)
I haven’t OFFICIALLY decided to move down south, and I can’t make a decision till I know what the deal is with the cats, but I’m pretty sure I will be going down asap if Lee’s not allergic. I can’t wait until Uni/tafe break, because I think Monika will probably decide to move out, so then I can use that as an excuse to get rid of Kris and whoever rents my room, and be completely done with this house.
I just need money goddammit, I owe so much :\ Well it’s not really that much, but it’s a lot when I don’t have any. I was talking to dad today and I honestly have no idea how I’m supposed to eat healthy, but still not be super bored with this little money. I literally cannot afford to live the life I’m living, but luckily I keep somehow being in the possession of money, so then I just juggle it around.